Core need this step aims to fulfil: Connection
Key questions for this step:
What is alive in me after having listened to each perspective?
What underlying needs can we identify?
Some best practices that might be helpful:
- Make sure it is clear who is facilitating this part of the conversation.
- A talking piece may be helpful to ensure that everyone listens to each other
- Visualize the time if you feel it adds value, so people can have a sense of the time available for the whole group to share.
- Invite people to look for patterns, insights and meaning that emerges after the sharing round(s).
- Invite people to elaborate on their perspective by suggesting possible feelings and needs.
- Make visible if some misunderstandings have been resolved.
- Check in with the group to see whether the level of group connection could be improved.