Core need this step aims to fulfil: Clarity
Key questions for this step:
What am I observing and how does this affect our collaboration?
Some best practices that might be helpful:
- Focus on what you can physically perceive (What do you see/hear?).
- Ask a buddy who is neutral or less affected by the situation to help you separate observation from judgements.
- Sometimes changing your setting can help you to get a fresh perspective on a situation.
- Sometimes it takes time until we can clearly express what is happening and is the effect we perceive. Take the time it takes until you get clarity.
- Make sure you have clarity on what part of the tension you experience may be related to personal events and development and what part is related to the team / organization.